[rescue] SS20 CD-ROM?

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Thu Apr 11 07:39:52 CDT 2002

> I would like to add a CD-ROM to my SS20.  Two options:
>
> 1.  Find a Sun slim CD-ROM.  Does anyone have one they wouldn't mind parting
> with?
>
> 2. Notch the top of the case so it will accept a full-sized CD-ROM drive.  I
> have heard that some cases come like this, so would it work out to do the
> conversion myself?

It may not fit. I think I remember that the case on my SS5 would not
close with a floppy and a HH SCSI drive in place of the CDROM. The SCSI
drive was too thick IIRC.

My solution (since the Sun slim CDROM drives seemed somewhat dear) was a
$15 external case + CDROM from eBay...

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine