[rescue] x10 controllers for remote power mgmt?

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Wed Apr 10 21:16:57 CDT 2002

I use the cheaplightswitch code and handful of electronic parts to turn
lights and such on and off and to click a relay that unlatches the door
at work (electromagnetic latch that I got tired of walking around to
unlatch...). It turns the data lines on a parallel port on and off. Hook
that to a power supply and a relay, and you can turn all kinds of things
on and off.

It is, as the name implies, very inexpensive. I don't know if the code
will compile on any other *nix, but it was pretty simple code, simple
enough that *I* could understand it!

Google should tell you where to find it if you are interested.