[rescue] Drives

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 8 17:56:57 CDT 2002

On April 8, Dunehew, Seth wrote:
> I just ended up with two Seagate ST19101WD drives.  The most specs I could
> find on them states 9.1Gig and 10k rpm.  It's the Differential part that
> concerns me most.  Does anyone have any more info on this particular drive?
>
> Will these things work with older suns?  I have a Sparc 10 and an Ultra 170E.

  These are garden-variety (but rather nice) wide differential SCSI
drives.  Most Sun hardware uses single-ended SCSI, so to use this on
such a system you will need a differential to single-ended adapter.

  If you don't wind up doing this, let me know, as those drives would go
very nicely in my Cray's disk array. :)

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar