Laserdiscs (Was:Re[2]: [rescue] Hello?)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 5 21:47:08 CST 2002

On April 5, Mike Hebel wrote:
> DM>   Don't buy a cheap or old-and-beat-up LD player.  I have over a hundred
> DM> LDs, and I watch them all the time.  I have *never* had an alignment
> DM> issue, or any other problems for that matter.
>
> Any suggestions on brands?

  Pioneer, or [better yet] later models from Sony.

> I know this is probably a stupid question but are there media company
> still producing Laserdisc versions of current films?  (I know you can
> get a hell of a lot of Anime on them but that's not what I mean. ;-)

  I really don't know...the only data point I can provide is that I have
the last Trek movie, Insurrection, on LD.  It came out in 1998 or
1999, if memory serves.  I don't think I have anything more recent
than that, but I haven't even been looking due to lack of fundage.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar