[rescue] Laserdisc players Re: Hello?

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Fri Apr 5 17:07:51 CST 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 05:57:27PM -0500, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I have what was the cheapest possible dvd player available at the time.  My
> > biggest gripe is that it doesn't do anything with the screen when playing
> > audio CDs.
>
> Yes, I understand.  Personally I'd like to have the TV off.  Why keep
> the big tube powered up?

ok, so i've got a PS2.  with the PS1, you could get it to show that kinda
nifty eye-candy when playing audio CDs.  i can't seem to figure out how to
get my PS2 to do this.  does the PS2 not do it?

it's not a *huge* problem since if i want to listen to music i use the laptop
hooked up to the stereo to listen to MP3s, and after the tier3 exchange guy
puts his MP3 server at my house i will have access to my MP3s (6GB worth) plus
his 60GB of MP3s.  even less reason to use the PS2 for tunes. :)

-brian
--
"I want to die like Grandpa - in a peaceful sleep.
Unlike the screaming passengers in his car..."  --Gary Nichols