[rescue] WTB/Advice: UPSs

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Apr 5 15:06:15 CST 2002

> One thing APC have with their name, and which they make a big deal
> about, is their warranty to replace anything "protected" by their
> equipment and damaged by lightning or the like.

   Heck, Kingston does this, too, with their power strip/surge supressors. I
think it goes up to $50,000, depending on the model! (Their site only
mentions it in passing, but I remember the little flyers in the baoxes
whenever I unpacked a new one.)
   Of course, if you're protecting fifty grand worth of stuff with a $50
power strip, you may not even notice a little electical shock, even to the
head...
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt