[rescue] Laserdisc players Re: Hello?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Apr 5 14:34:18 CST 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 03:30:22PM -0500, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Laserdiscs are higher end by default than VCR's.  It's only been in the
> last 5 to 7 years that HiFi VCR's have become so common.  In other
> words, I don't think I'd choose the commodity VCR over the Laserdisc player.

Given my interests, needs, desires, etc, I'd buy a SVHS deck before a
laserdisc player.  But, thats mainly because I want to record to the thing.

With a few exceptions, I reasonably happy with DVDs, especially when
considering the price difference between media for the two.  I'm just
concerned about them cranking the distortion (err compression) higher for
future generations rather than expanding the capacity.

--
Joshua D. Boyd