[rescue] WTB/Advice: Mac iBook/PowerBook

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Apr 5 14:16:10 CST 2002

> Its an AGP interconnect between the (likely)uni-north and the rage
> chip.  there is no slot... its just wired as AGP instead of PCI.

   Ah; so it'll be, what, a wider connection, then?

> > ...if I'm cutting corners then I ought not
> >to be suprised by this kind of stuff.
>
> Yeah... thats one of the reasons I don't like the iMacs.

   Did you ever have the analog board fry on one of the older units? It
takes out video, modem, etc., etc. Nothing like uppping the eggs and cutting
the baskets at the same time.

> I personally thing the mobile line hit its peak with
> the Pismo (best damn laptop I've ever owned).

   Is that the "bronze" keyboard one? I had a number of those to shepherd,
and even as loaner units to stoopid architects, they served very well.

> > Thanks for the thoughts, Big-End Daniel.
>
> Is that an ass joke?

   Well, it _is_ Friday so...you can take it that way if you want. :7) That
is, no hostile intent  --but if someone wants an excuse for a food fight, I
think I just heard a tray hit the floor.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator