[rescue] Hello?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 5 00:26:46 CST 2002

On April 5, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Has someone been watching Hunt for the Red October recently? :-)

  :-)

> I watched is a month ago, on laserdisc...... never had one until
> recently, picked it up used at Goodwill, the player that is, the disc
> was from Ebay, for $1 :-)

  Laserdiscs kick ass.  Decent audio quality, *excelltn* video quality,
very reliable, no suit-profit-protection bullshit.  I have a metric
buttload of movies on laserdisc.  Pretty much everything is available,
*cheap*, because the Windows-user-types seem to think that now that
DVDs are available, laserdiscs will somehow magically no longer
play. :)

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar