[rescue] GCC 3.0 Solaris 8

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Apr 4 15:25:36 CST 2002

On April 4, Scott Newell wrote:
> >  I don't really know, but I can't imagine them making it worse for a
> >new release...though I suppose it's possible.
>
> Did it get worse when they merged gcc and egcs?

  Dunno.  I haven't looked into this in-depth; all I know is that
binaries produced by Forte-C are smaller and faster.  Upon
investigation, I found comments from many people regarding the
crapulent quality of the SPARC/UltraSPARC code generation in gcc.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar