[rescue] FS: P3-800/256meg/45G/GF2MX system

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Thu Apr 4 01:49:12 CST 2002

on 4/4/02 2:32 AM, Chad Fernandez at fernande at internet1.net wrote:

> Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>> That commercial pisses me off.
>
> I thought it was funny, mainly because of the nerd.

I guess if I was not 'sensitive' to the subject I would have found it
humorous too.

>> I used to own a towing company. My trucks
>> were either new or like new, my staff wore uniforms. I sent my staff to
>> training to be safe proficent operators.
>
> Sounds like you had a high end towing company, a cut or two, above a lot
> of them.

We tried. Competitive cut throat business, 10 years was enough for me :)
Unless you are part of a garage, body shop or car dealer it is very hard to
make good money as a towing only business.

>> Of course I am not speaking for the scumbags in the profession.
>
> Me and 3 friends, 2 of them girls, theother guy and I can't stand each
> other any more, that night, middle of the night, car dies, between
> Springfield and KC, Missouri. The wrecker shows up, it's a regular cab,
> no way we are all going to fit in that cab. The guy lets us ride in the
> car (illegal I'm sure :-)  Short way down the road, the car drops what
> seems like a couple of feet, sparks shoot out the back of the car.
> Wrecker driver gets back out, says "oops, car dropped", lifts car back
> up.  I was thinking, "YEAH, the car dropped!!"  Wow, memories :-)

It is illegal and that is partly why :) What an asshole of wheel holder. I
won't dignify him by calling him a 'driver'

We used to be right on I-95 in Aberdeen MD and I have personally had 7
people in the cab of my carrier with me. Man was it tight :) Thank god that
truck had the automatic transmission :)

Ah, fond memories. the first year I was out of the business I would now and
then have fond wishes to be out and about in the sun up and down the roads.
I got cured of that idea the first time I saw a poor wrecker operator on his
hands and knees in the snow loading up a car on the interstate. Cured my
whimsy real quick like.

Mike N