[rescue] GCC 3.0 Solaris 8

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Apr 3 20:30:57 CST 2002

On April 3, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > What's the word here?  Most of the linux machines I work on are fine with 3,
> > but I wanted to know about Solaris.
> >
> > I'm still contemplating the just use SFWgcc versus compiling my own.
>
>   I'm using it for all of my stuff, it works fine.  Crappy code
> generation, though.
>
>   Why not just use Forte-C?

  Of course, after I sent it, I realized that my reply might have
sounded self-contradictory.  Gcc's code generation sucks, but I
haven't sat down and neatened everything for Forte-C yet.  It is much
pickier than gcc.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar