[rescue] Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?)

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Wed Apr 3 09:27:36 CST 2002

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 09:03:12AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 09:48:51AM -0500, William Enestvedt wrote:
> >    If I may suggest, isn't that a pretty fair description of many list
> > subscribers, or at least of how they started out? :7) Come to think of it,
> > for many marrieds on the list, that's the only way to get "new" computers
> > into the house...
> THere's a difference between "collecting" and "I'll take anything anyone
> offers up for free"; heck, we all pass through these phases.
>
> Something like "STAGES OF A COMPUTER COLLECTOR:"
>
> 1.  "UNIX?  Is that like Linux?"

Collectors that started after Linux was something people outside Minix
circles knew?

Maybe first you realise you can actually do something with a computer or
find out that there are any interesting computers.

> 2.  "Wow, I cant beleive people throw this stuff away"

.. "Suckers."

> 3.  "I need a bigger truck."
> 4.  "I need more storage space."
> 5.  "Time to get 20amp service to the house."

Interleave each with a couple of "Damn. Out of extension cords.".

--
We are the dyslexic borg! Your ass will be laminated!!