[rescue] 1st SGI purchase

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Wed Apr 3 04:15:34 CST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 11:59:28PM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 2002.04.02 23:00 Big Endian wrote:
(scalable vector icons)
> > Mac OS X has this,
> I am not surprised that this bloated eye candy stuff has this. But where
> was MacOS 10 years ago when IRIX had it?

Really. Looking at the dripping, glossy surfaces, those must be some
funky vectors. Maybe they're just big raster images that are scaled and
anti-aliased?
Would seem to fit to their CPU use policy.

> > and I belive Open/NextStep had it too.
> Never seen this, unfortunately. But if you can give me a PSU for my
> black turbo slab or a PA-RISC distro of NS for my HP 9k712/60... ;-)

Anyone got iso's up for any *step? =)

I'm pretty sure the icons didn't scale at all. They were always the same
size and definitely not vector.

--
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids,
we'd be sitting around in darkened rooms munching pills and listening to