[rescue] Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 3 00:22:43 CST 2002

> > kernel memory.  But, adding an instance of an existing device...why should that
> > require anything more than (at most) redefining some bootloader variable and
> > rebooting?
>
> and if you config your kernel right, it doesn't take a rebuild of the kernel.
> learn to use the wildcard * to your advantage, le* ledma* etc...

Wow.  I did not know that.  I couldn't get it to work with serial UARTS/ports,
especially at nonstandard places.  That's probably more due to the x86
architecture than the kernel, though.

It's, uhm, been quite a while since a BSD box was my main workstation (4/330
running 4.1.4 back in "the day").  I guess I can be considered a newbie again.
*grin*

--Jonathan