[rescue] damn you bill, now i'm a lowbrow fan too

Michael Schiller schiller at zaphod.agrijag.com
Tue Apr 2 22:06:12 CST 2002

I regularly shoot a .44 special, and a .45 auto (gov model of course), and while they're loud, after shooting them for years (and possibly from starting to go deaf) I can empty the clip, then turn and talk to somebody in a normal volume. Of course,
shooting like they did in pulp fiction (in a small enclosed space) would be REALLY loud (much louder than in a field), and I doubt even I could have a normal conversation after that. :)

Now for something that's REALLY loud, try either a shotgun, or a high powered rifle (I have a 7mm remington magnum rifle, it's louder than loud)

-Mike

Brian Hechinger wrote:

> For the first time a couple of weeks ago, I shot a pistol. A semi-automatic 9MM. Jesus H. fucking Christ. Fuck movies. You have no idea how LOUD those things are.
>
> Nothing can prepare you for how loud they are.
>
> It was fun. We were in a big meadow. No real danger -- other than the obvious -- and I even shot it a couple of times like in the movies, 1-handed, just pumping the bullets out.
>
> You know what? Fuck the movies. You can't hit shit when you fire like that.
>
> It was a thrill. But, damn, my ears are still ringing. Everyone in the movies who fires a bunch of shots (like in "Pulp Fiction") and then immediately has a conversation at normal volume is completely and utterly full of three varieties of shit.
>
> Movies. Heh. Who needs 'em?
>
> - john_clavis at yahoo.com
>
> --
> "Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)

-Mike