[rescue] Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?)

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Tue Apr 2 02:43:59 CST 2002

At 08:12 PM 1/04/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>But, that's forgivable.  Especially when you consider how much stuff Linux
>autoconfigures that would require a kernel rebuild under *BSD.

And what's wrong with having to rebuild a kernel?  IMBADB [*], I think you
can never really grok Unix until you've gone through and built yourself the
perfect kernel with no extraneous drivers, modules, options, etc,
specifially for your individual host.  There's a sense of achievement that
you just don't get with a click-n-drool interface or these new-fangled modules.

Rob
[*] I May Be A Dinosaur But