[rescue] Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 1 18:38:37 CST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Didnt someone say "linux is only cost-effective if your time is free", or
> something like that? 8-)

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless" is what I've heard.

The one I toss around (it got a lot of milage when I was interviewing
potential PFYs at $previousOrkPlace) is:

"Linux Is Not UniX"

I take it that I'm not the only person who's interviewed someone who was
shocked to find out that there's more to Unix manglement than clicking the
pretty widgets in control-panel?

--Jonathan