[rescue] how the hell do i get an RS/6000 59x case apart?

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Mon Apr 1 16:53:48 CST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 05:00:21PM -0600, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> If it's anything like my 590, their is a screw that goes from the back all
> the way to the front (it around the middle of the back, slightly higher than
> center), once you take that out, the front comes off. Then sides are easy to
> remove once the front is off.
>
> I spent the longest time trying to get into my 590 (and my 7011-250 for that
> matter).
>
> Let me know if you can't get into it, I can take pictures tonight.

black T-handle.  awesome.  now to figure out what this thing has.  it has a
single disk in it (don't know what size, haven't booted up yet) as well as some
cards that i will identify in a minute.  looks like ethernet, two SCSI (one
diff, one SE) and that SAN shit or whatever it's called.  now i need a damn
array to go with it. :)

also, is there any particular place or order that i need to be adding memory?

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)