[rescue] somewhat OT: secondary market storage?

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Mon Apr 1 11:45:36 CST 2002

heya kids

work level has gone from a roar to a humm for a little bit...so i can
annoy all of you again.

so, i'm looking at replacing my emc 8730 with something a little smaller
and more modular.  i only need one terabyte to start with and have it
play happily on the san so i can just plop more down as needed.
basically for every one customer i'd need one terabyte or so.

oracle will live here.  anyone have much luck with the t3 arrays?  I'm
adverse to them for db's since they're raid5, but if the performance is
good...  in the past i remember reading things about the clariion kit
that made me dislike them, anyone have an argument for them?

replies on list or off are at your discression.  if other geeks need the
info go for it :)

^D

btw, in your spare cycles at work wanna play chess?
http://gameknot.com/
my id is derrickd
i just read how to play last week..so i totally suck

--
   When your only tool is an axe every problem looks like hours of fun