[rescue] Apple IIgs - was: OS_X_10.1

Steve Hatle rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 30 20:47:35 CDT 2001

Larry,

IIgs System software is available for download from the Apple support
section of their web site. 6.01 is the last version- these have a very
Mac-like Finder, etc. I have previous stuff on an Apple TechSource CD if
you can't find it. It has ProDOS etc. as well. The Mac DiskCopy program
(and DART, I believe) know how to make GS formatted floppies, though I
hear that the newer manual-inject drives don't do so well. My SE/30 did
a fine job.  .  .

Here's some other places passed on to me by our listmate Pete Wargo:

ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/
http://www.woz.org/maclinks/index.html (Woz!)
http://www.apple2.org/
http://www.wbwip.com/shh/turboide.html
http://www.mcpb.com/html/ap2ref1.html
http://www.syndicomm.com/a2web/
http://www.magnet.ch/emutech/Download/index.html
http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n26065
http://til.info.apple.com/tilarchive.nsf/artnum/n7889
http://www.gno.org/a2ftp.html

I was recently given a IIgs and a IIe - a real blast from the past! If
anyone has any other goodies or software to share, please let me know; I
promise to share what little I have in return.

Steve