[rescue] OT: PS2 keyboard isn't ?

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 30 11:27:30 CDT 2001

I've had the same problem with my SGI's as well. What I found out was that
the PS2 port on 2 of my 3 O2's, and the coresponding connector was just a
little tiny bit oversized (we're talking like a hairsbreadth). When I used a
standard keyboard I would get intermittent shift errors, sometimes key
doubling, and my function and escape kays would sometimes decide not to
work.

What I think was going on was bad ground to the PS2 port because of the
loosness but I never did figure it out since I sold the O2's

Chris Byrne