[rescue] FDDI <-> ethernet

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 10:31:56 CDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 08:50:07AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> That explains the server, but Win clients? **shudder**

One win client.  MacOS X 10.1 has SMB support as well, so I dont
have to fuck around with NFS.

> How many SMB clients could he have to justify dedicating all those fine
> resources to serving up MP3 files to all his various clients? ;^)

What, so I should let it sit and do SETI or something?

Hell, right now, I dont have *any* fans running in the computer room -
just the Cube and the hub & switch and the cablemodem... maybe I can
put the "servers" in the closet... quiet is NICE nowdays.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net