[rescue] Looking for sun4

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 10:23:39 CDT 2001

> --- BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak <bobkeys at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu> wrote:
>
> > One last call... anyone have the bits from
> > the first tape of the sun4 SUNBIN SunOS 4.1 tape set, that I could
> > borrow to reconstruct my tape?  Any leads thereto are appreciated.
>
> I should do - i'll check my archives tonight, and get back to you.
>
> Dave.

Ohhh, please do!  I tried reading the tape using various tapecopy
ditties, one more time, and it gives me nothing but errors.
My tape 2 of the set is fine, though.

IFF you can find the tape 1 bits, I would be most appreciative.
It looks like I will need the whole set from tape 1.  What I want
to try to do is use the tape housing cover, with the original
Sun label, and drop a fresh tape cartridge base and tape assembly
into it.... keeping fingers crossed.

Many, Many Thanks!

Bob