[rescue] sparcstation 330

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 10:20:05 CDT 2001

> Today while picking up a vax 6000 in Iowa City, Ia, also returned with a
> SparcStation 330 deskside machine. Any leads to obtaining SunOS for this
> would be greatly appreciated.  At the place of pickup they are sitting
> with 15 fully functional Next Cubes if anyone is interested.  I grabbed
> a Next Turbo Workstation from him with monitor, keyboard and mouse while
> I was there.  Thanks

Any sunos from 4.1.1 through 4.1.3U1 and Solaris 1.1-2.4 should work.
I use Solaris 1.1.

They are fair machines.  I had trouble with the scsi bus on mine,
and yanked the cpu to use in a 3 slot case with short scsi runs.
It is OK, but my mono framebuffer puts the screen off to the right
about 1 inch, making it less than optimal.  It is ok on a terminal
serial console.

AFIK, this was also the first machine with nvram chips, so check for
a good/bad/ugly/dead nvram chip.

I'll skip the Cubes.... I am looking for a 690 datacenter thingy,
maybe, with hypersparcs.....(:+}}...

Good Luck.

Bob