[rescue] Compare and Contrast

David Venable rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 06:32:50 CDT 2001

Is there a web resource that offers a quick guide to different SPARCstation
models? In looking at SS2s, 4s, 5s and 10s, the processor speeds obviously
do not tell the whole story. Much like, and I hate to bring this on this
list, the differences between a 486/50 and a Pentium/66. The internal
architecture of the Pentium speeds processor operations to a much higher
degree than the difference in clock speeds would suggest.

I am interested in the upgrade ability of various SS models to SMP. Does it
have to be a dual to start, or can you drop a Ross "M" bus dual module into
a "M" bus machine?

Thanks to all,

An Intel Boy, but I am trying to shake it off.