[rescue] 2500 arrival

Gregory Leblanc rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 00:23:35 CDT 2001

On Thu, 2001-09-27 at 19:40, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Having trouble getting the terminal port to work.  I looked up the
> settings in the quick start guide but no go...

9600, 8-n-1, NO FLOW CONTROL.  If you've got flow control turned on,
these little bastards won't speak to you.

> Still trying to figure out how to do an uplink port to the guest room
> hub...

Hum.  When we hooked our 3500 to a couple of Superstack Switch 3000s
(8-port 100MBit only), we had to do some REALLY funky wiring.  IIRC, 1-4
were swapped with 5-8 on the other end.  Not at all a normal cross-over
cable.

> This piece of equipment is loud.  It isn't as loud as my Sun 3/160, but it
> is louder than any other single piece of equipment I own.  Worse, I'd say
> it is louder than the other 5 pieces of gear running at the same time put
> together (4 PCs, an IPX, and a notebook).  This could be a slight
> problem.

Oh, I guess we forgot to warn you about that.  I don't think that unit
takes dual power supplies like the 3500, now that's LOUD.