[rescue] FDDI <-> ethernet

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 27 22:58:19 CDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 11:54:53PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Geez, a *spare* U60?

Yes - I have a SunBlade 100 with Expert3D-Lite and a 21" as my main
"desktop" workstation, when I'm not using the Mac.  The U60 only has
Creator3D, and I use it for developing stuff before it goes up on the
sunhelp site.

Wanna know about the netra t1 in the living room still in the box that
I havent looked at in about six months?  8-)

> Use it as an SMB server?

MP3 storage, accessible from both my G4 Mac Cube and AMy's
Windows box she uses for games and MP3s.  Much less hassle
than NFS for the stuff I need to store.

> Uhm, Bill, put down the crack pipe! ;^) Can't you find a nice SMP PII box to
> use as a server?

SMP? PII?  Right now we have *one* working PC in the house (my old
700Mhz Athlon, now amy's machine) since amy's old Celeron 300 box
died (dunno if its the cpu or the mobo, but I havent really cared
enough to find out.. eventually I'll fix whats broke and build it
back up - 30gig drive, SBLive!, Geforce2MX, etc...)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net