[rescue] SPARCPrinter E - did I lose my mind or get a great deal?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 27 22:08:21 CDT 2001

I recently won a SPARCPrinter E on auctions.yahoo.com for under $25 (!), but
it has no paper tray (?). It has *a* toner cartridge, and was reported
working when pulled out of service...

Now the specs are nice (1200 DPI? 12+ PPM?), and the Postscript/network
interfaces are nice too, but I suspect I am looking at a $75-100 S/H charge,
plus a paper tray (hopefully under $100, this is a re-badged Lexmark 4049,
parts should be easily available), but have I lost my mind?

Anyone use these printers? Am I lucky or cursed? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ken