[rescue] 2500 arrival

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 27 21:40:24 CDT 2001

OK, I got my LANplex 2500 today.  Uhm, is there something I should know
about this things power requirements?  The sticker next to the power jack
says that it requires a 4A 250V fuse...  It does seem to work correctly
though...

Having trouble getting the terminal port to work.  I looked up the
settings in the quick start guide but no go...

It is working as a switch.  That's nice...

Still trying to figure out how to do an uplink port to the guest room
hub...

This piece of equipment is loud.  It isn't as loud as my Sun 3/160, but it
is louder than any other single piece of equipment I own.  Worse, I'd say
it is louder than the other 5 pieces of gear running at the same time put
together (4 PCs, an IPX, and a notebook).  This could be a slight
problem.

--
Joshua D. Boyd