[rescue] MVS q

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 27 16:15:17 CDT 2001

"Reagen B . Ward" wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 02:38:28PM -0500, Reagen B . Ward wrote:
> > It's not a rescue question, but I figured I'd try here anyway.
> >
> > Anyone know how to split/reassemble large files, like dumps, under MVS?
>
> I've been told by several folks that it's not currently possible, esp for
> dumps.  I just can't accept that answer.

I find it hard to believe too, since you have REXX present.

Can't you just read a certain amount of the file and write that to a new
file, then repeat

Does this URL help at all:

http://pucc.princeton.edu/~pipeline/pipeline.news117

or this:
http://www.planetmvs.com/freeware/fwrexx.html

google cached version of expired document (look at the bottom where it
says "split" in light blue)
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:eMoliY6S9ZQ:www.storage.ibm.com/software/sort/mvs/tricks/srtmst01.htm+rexx+split+file+mvs&hl=en

hope this helps.

./patrick