[rescue] FDDI <-> ethernet

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 27 15:10:51 CDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 03:29:24PM -0400, Michael S. Schiller wrote:
> I couldn't agree more, I would prefer to use a hardware bridge, but where can I
> find an FDDI<-> ethernet bridge cheap?

In recent weeks, there have been a whole string of 3com lanplex 2500s
going on ebay for $15 to $25.  These boxes are usually 16port 10baseT
switches with two FDDI uplink ports.  Some of them have had FE cards also.

I'm waiting for the one I ordered to arrive.  Alas, I didn't get one of
the ones with the FE card.

--
Joshua D. Boyd