[rescue] Re: Happy happy.. etc..

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 23:58:59 CDT 2001

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Charles Redmond wrote:

> Just got word to go pick up one of the final additions to my
> DECstation collection, a 5000/260. Now only a 5000/150 and a
> 5000/20 to go.

I picked up a VAXstation 2100 over the weekend. It looks like a
full-height hard drive but has a secret. If I can figure out a way to
operate it without a display/keyboard (not sure where my vax keyboards
are), I may get it up and running--looks like NetBSD runs on it.

Hmmm. Appears that the printer port is where I want to go. Anyone have
experience with these and have advice as I read through the various web
pages?

Cool photos at http://www.obsolyte.com/dec/ for the curious. I'm not sure
if I misremembered the model plate or if there's a diff between 2000 and
2100. Haven't gotten it back out of the car yet. :)

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows