[rescue] Re: [geeks] *DROOL*

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 23:01:10 CDT 2001

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 11:38:04PM -0400, nick at snowman.net wrote:
> > Ok, I've got a question about this.  I keep hearing the numbers "18 system
> > boards" "4 procs/system board" and "106 procs total".  Is one of these
> > numbers wrong?
> > 	Nick
>
> 18 x 4 = 72 (normal max)
>
> If you give up I/O (PCI) slots, you can cram 106 cpus in there.

Correct - you can install a two-CPU card (no memory) into the
"half-bandwidth" slots normally used for I/O.  Keeping one slot free for
I/O (you *do* need to connect disk and network, neh?), you end up with a
maximum of 106 CPUs.

> Pete, can I tell em (or you should) what your pet name for the
> beast is?

Oh, I suppose I can use it: "2200 lbs of Whoop-Ass!"

(Weight is approximated, it can be more or less than that, depending on
options.)

-Pete.