[rescue] alive and kicking

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 16:47:21 CDT 2001

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, you wrote:
> >   Well, in spite the best efforts of a rather beefy tornado, we (Mike N,
> > James Sharp, me) are still here and in one piece.  My power came back
> > on a few hours ago (it'd been down since yesterday afternoon) and I'm
>
> damn.  that's a long time to not have power.

Yepper, power was off 16 hours 58 min!

Most of the food in my freezer is mushy :(

Some links provided by others:

http://www.glue.umd.edu/~eliu/tornado1_glue.htm

Other than the grinning UM students some good idea of the destruction at U of M.
2 girls were killed when thier car got tossed into a tree :( Thanks to Melzie
for this link

http://www.ewranglers.com/~johan/Laurel/Tornado-Aftermath/

Some shots from just 4 blocks up the road from Dave and I And 4 blocks down the
road from James sharp. thanks to Johan and Mike D for the pics.

Mike N