Why IRIX sucks (was Re: [rescue] Sparcstation 2 help!Please)

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 24 10:42:15 CDT 2001

> Who said anything about *not* paying people for working?
> I complained that the *media* costs are far to high and that
> you *don't get a licence*.

The Media costs put food on the table when they only get paid for once for
every ten installed machines.  I don't like high OS costs either, and
personally think that if they sold it at $60 per copy, then they would make
more money, but that is neither here nor there.  It's their software, they
can charge what they want for it.  If you don't like it, don't use it.
There _are_ other platforms out there.  Don't complain because you bought an
expensive piece of hardware on the cheap and might have to pay some cash to
get the latest OS.

> Any further comments can be directed to me and me alone.
If you're embarrased by your opinions, don't air them in a public forum.