Why IRIX sucks (was Re: [rescue] Sparcstation 2 help! Please)

Alistair MacDonald rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 24 08:53:56 CDT 2001

Before this gets *further* out of hand ....

Who said anything about *not* paying people for working? I complained that =
the *media* costs are far to high and that you *don't get a licence*.=20

People are selling copies of the media for as much as $200 on ebay for =
which SGI gets *nothing*. A low cost licence would cost SGI nothing more =
(you could easily make the licence apply to a version of IRIX thats a few =
steps out of date) but would encourage people to buy a licence/media from =
SGI.

Any further comments can be directed to me and me alone.=20

>>> gwadkins at erols.com 24/09/2001 14:14:24 >>>
> Simple. IRIX sucks because it costs $300 for media and you still don't
have a licence.

Why, because the people who put their work into it would like to get a
paycheck?
Don't they deserve to eat too?