Why IRIX sucks (was Re: [rescue] Sparcstation 2 help!Please)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 24 07:30:13 CDT 2001

Corporate policy determines the technical merit of the Operating System?

Based on that (interesting) view, How does Linux rank as *great* when it has
no Corporate structure?

Gas for my $35K SUV costs $1.40/gallon, then using your logic it should cost
about $0.14/gallon for my 11 year-old Honda, valued at about $3.5K...

The OS is a current product, and it's price is not based on the depreciation
value of the previous generations of machines... That you can buy a machine
without an OS for $300, does not mean you are entitled to/deserve a free OS
from the Mfg...

Sorry for the rant, but this reminds me of the Solaris 7 thread on the
SPARCbook maillist...

Ken