[rescue] HP DIMM

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 23 16:29:32 CDT 2001

[ On Sunday, September 23, 2001 at 15:24:24 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] HP DIMM
>
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 01:53:00PM -0600, David Venable wrote:
> > I need EDO, ECC, Buffered, 60ns, 3.3v dimms. Are These buffered?

I need some of those too -- well at least one, the bigger the better.

> I have no clue.  they wont go in a PC tho, they're not "standard"
> 168pin dimms.  Maybe "Memory Module", but not "normal" DIMMs.

Are you really sure about that?  From everything I can learn about HP
netserver memory it looks like it's "noraml" EDO ECC DIMMs.  I'll bet
it's buffered too, and the connectors and form factor "look" identical.

Does anyone have engineering specs, datasheets, etc. on HPs DIMMs?

I ask because I can find used HP 168-pin DIMMs locally much easier than I
can find used EDO ECC buffered 3.3v "standard" 168-pin DIMMs.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>