[rescue] Sparcstation 2 help! Please

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 23 09:50:59 CDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 02:01:36AM -0400, nick at snowman.net wrote:
> Erm, o2 is kinda supported, i2 GFX support is unwritten, challenges larger
> than DM (challenge s == indy, challenge dm == i2, challenge L/XL ==
> different from either of the above) are not supported under linux.  The
> userland, erm, well, stinks.  If you're willing and able to help let me

Uhm, I've seen Challenge DMs, and they aren't I2s.  They look like
Crimsons, except with a black case.  You might be thinking of the
Challenge M that I keep seeing on ebay.

As to Challenge support, back when the SGI-linux site was hosted at
linux.sgi.com (now a oss.sgi.com/mips/), they said that the server was a
quad processor Challenge running linux.  I'm thinking that means a
Challenge DM or Challenge L.  I couldn't really say what the differences
are between the two.

--
Joshua D. Boyd