[rescue] Sparcstation 2 help! Please

David Venable rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 22 23:14:29 CDT 2001

Thanks to all your help, I was able to see a OS running on my sparc, I tried
Debian first and was not able create the boot floppy correctly, (rawrite
issues on w2k), so I went to a friends house and tried Debian again,
something was wrong with their site. On to Red Hat, boots up fine and tries
to create a ram disk. I bombs with the statement "unrecognized Nvram,
aborting installation". Any ideas? I will give the Debian a try asap.

What is the coolest, old SGI machine? Can SGIs run Linux, or are they
limited to Irix?

Thanks,

David