[rescue] CM-5

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 21 17:22:39 CDT 2001

Dave McGuire wrote:
>   I think it's a very reasonable price if it's complete...Though the
> number of people on the planet who would be able to get ir running
> numbers in the low tens.
>
>    -Dave

Morgantown WV location indicates FedGov usage.

As to the guy who asked about "64 network addresses", I think that
refers to the internal network node addressability.

For $15k I would sooner buy about 10 used but loaded Octanes or 30 new,
loaded PCs running Unix and cluster them.  Would probably use less power
and be easier to use (plus, you can play networked Quake on them - do
THAT with a CM5!) ... but that's just me.

./patrick