[rescue] alpha server 1000 4/266 info needed

Michael A. Turner rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 21 16:00:52 CDT 2001

	Thanks for the info. Just as this e-mail was coming in I found this
in a white paper

=B7	System supports four memory kits (each kit includes five
industry-standard SIMMs, the fifth SIMM in each kit is for ECC support.

	Sigh, starting to look like this thing is keeping it's 96megs, I am
not paying a bunch of money to upgrade the memory. If it was cheap sure =
but
I have other systems I would rather concentrate on putting memory in. =
The
part that bites my butt is that I can get 512 megs of sdram for my AMD
system for about $45 delivered and I can't even add 16 megs to this =
system
for that price. Guess I am fighting the fact that this stuff is no =
longer
being made and therefore has become a finite property.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org