[rescue] Another fine business decision for us axp-lovers

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 21 10:57:07 CDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 09:08:35AM -0500, Scott Newell wrote:
> >I don't think the DragonBall has an MMU, which poses a real problem.  I
>
> Correct.
>

> >wonder how hard it would be to make a really fast 68030 emulator to run on
> >a 68000 chip.
>
> Maybe you should be thinking ARM--the next generation Dragonball, the
> MC9328MX1, uses the ARM9 core.  It appears to have an MMU, along with all
> sorts of other neat goodies.

Yeah, heard of that.  But, would it be as fast at emulating a 68030 as a
68000 would be?  I'm thinking that you might be able to get by with just
trapping MMU instructions and emulating them.

However, further thinking about it makes me think that this could mean
that all memory access functions might need to be trapped.

I wonder how uClinux deals with the problem...

--
Joshua D. Boyd