[rescue] Another fine business decision for us axp-lovers

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 21 10:16:40 CDT 2001

>So, when I hear that palm is moving to ARM, they're actually moving to a
>new Motorola chip with an ARM core?  That's really funny to me for some
>reason.

Maybe because Moto had their own low-power 16/32 bit designs in the form of
Coldfire and M-Core?  Coldfire was even designed as an upgrade path for 68k
designs, yet they end up going with an outside core!  I guess when Palm
decided on ARM, they knew it was license or lose.

I think ARM will end up being the 8051 of the low-end 32 bit world.

newell