[rescue] New worm? Damnable BillyMSjunkware!!!

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 20 15:06:37 CDT 2001

> > We oughta find out what country it originated from and unhook it
> > from the net... someone said China?  Is that true?
>
> And if it's the grand ole USA?   (which is most likely, actually)

Well, if it is us, cut us of off the net for 24 hours to get it corrected.

I thought someone had decoded some gatesware headers out of it and traced
it to a foreign source?

I seriously think such things do need to be tracked down, and at the source
disconnected, until the source (country/state/city/operation) wakes up and
corrects the problem.  That is not bad manners, but probably secure practice.
Will it come to pass.... who knows....  In these times..... maybe....

Bob