[rescue] Sparcstation 2 help! Please

David Venable rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 20 12:06:18 CDT 2001

After shorting out the nvrams, I had a major BREAKTHROUGH! The SS2 booted
all the way to the OK prompt. The memory check took about 3 minutes to run
through 64 mgs of RAM. Maybe that was because I forgot to put the video card
back in????? Anyway, I finally got the Ethernet address = ff ff ff ff and
host name =ffffffff, so the nvram is shot, (as you all surmised).

I am trying to bring a little enlightenment to my first year networking
students, we are a "Microsoft Training Partner" and I want to show them
other things.

soooooooo, given this latest update, if I replace the nvram and load a lite
weight OS on there, am I good to go?

Anybody had any luck writing the education grant with SUN?

Thanks to all!

David