[rescue] OK, What am I missing...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 19 20:14:05 CDT 2001

I know I'll be very angry when I figure it out, but I
can't get networking up on a fresh SOlaris 8
install...

I have:

   Added host, nameservers and router to /etc/hosts
file

   created a file /etc/resolv.conf, looks like:

     domain n2vip.dyndns.org
     nameserver     151.197.0.38
     nameserver     151.204.0.84

   created an /etc/defaultrouter that looks like:

     192.168.1.1

   /etc/nsswitch.conf looks like:

       :
     hosts:     files dns
       :

   (/etc/nsswitch.conf is a copy of /etc/nsswitch.conf
it seems)

So, any ideas what I am missing? I can't seem to get
it on my network...

Also, I am getting some strange artifacts on my
display, a TGX+ (Axil 245 built-in framebuffer), on
the CDE Login screen and some backgrounds... is this a
known problem with a fairly recent vintage of Solaris
8 - I think April, 2001?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

=====