[rescue] OT: Lanplex 2500 Coolness

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 19 19:38:04 CDT 2001

It's rumored that around Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 04:05:02PM -0400
Mike Dombrowski <legodude at hammycorp.com> wrote:
> I was playing around with my Lanplex 2500 instead of doing college apps
> and I found the following:
>
> -> version
> VxWorks (for LANplex 2500) version 5.0.2b.
> Kernel: WIND version 2.0.
> Made on Wed Dec 18 22:27:52 EST 1996.
> Boot line:
> pcmcia(0,0) f=0x20008
> value = 33 = 0x21 = '!'

Xylan uses vxworks for their stuff as well.  ATM switches I know first
hand, and the developers I worked with on the ATM side did work on their
router stuff as well.  Xylan now belongs to Alcatel, don't ever buy one,
that was the biggest headache I ever had to live with (from the point I
refused to admin M$ 4 yrs ago).  It would be an awesome home switch, can
do everything, but not good for fully loaded, complex, networks.

captain sentence fragment,
^D