[rescue] wow ... Cray CS6400

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 19 18:27:26 CDT 2001

Is this the system that served as the base for the E10000 (or HPC or
whatever the big honking SUN machines are named)? I saw one looooong time
ago, it used supersparcs (I think, I always get confused with the
pre-ULTRA SPARCs). It was used as the file server for an agency that used
some other "real" CRAYS. I have an old BYTE article that talked about this
machine, let me see if I can find it somewhere.

No price, usually means they want a ridiculous amount of money for it. Can
it run off the shelf solaris, or does it need a modified version (2.5 w.
extensions?)

Cheers.